Welcome to the “Head of Remote” resource link list. This site is intended to provide a repository of the best people to follow, resources to reference, and tools to utilize in leading a remote-first implementation or transformation in a company of any size. This site was inspired by GitLab's "Head of Remote" page. It reminded me of the old remote-only.org page, and this site is meant to be a straight link list similar to the 2019 version of Remote - Only (dot) org.
Suggestions and Corrections
Please make suggestions and corrections here.
This site is maintained by Tyler Sellhorn (LinkedIn, Twitter), Head of Remote at Polygon and host of "The Remote Show" from We Work Remotely. If you'd like to pitch Tyler to appear on "The Remote Show" you can do so here.
Looking for Head of Remote Services?
Fill out this form and we will provide a referral.
Heads of Remote (or equivalent)
🤐Alaina (Garcia) Dexheimer (LinkedIn)
- Zipline’s mission is to transform how retail operates by making it easier for employees to do their jobs and to go beyond being a tool for communication and store execution and build a path for field workers to be more successful throughout their lives.
Polygon is bringing the world to Ethereum. Polygon believes in Web3 for all. Polygon is a decentralised Ethereum scaling platform that enables developers to build scalable user-friendly dApps with low transaction fees without ever sacrificing on security.
- Okta is the World's #1 Identity Platform and is consistently named a leader by major analyst firms. Trusted by 14,000+ customers to secure digital interactions and accelerate innovation.
- VP of Work Transformation at Twitter
- Atlassian makes tools like Jira and Trello that are used by thousands of teams worldwide. And we're serious about creating amazing products, practices, and open work for all teams.
- Are you hiring a director of remote work? Here’s why Facebook did
Create an awesome culture virtually with fun, yet purposeful activities your team will love at Unlock
- Sophisticated ransomware prevention is effortless with NetApp’s world-class data protection options.
🍦Rachel Russell (LinkedIn)
👍👍Jennifer Wilson (LinkedIn)
- Dell’s story began with a belief and a passion: that everybody should have easy access to the best technology anywhere in the world.
Remote Company Leaders
- Wildbit is a small software company that believes business should be human.
- Deel is the platform built for today's world of work. With Deel you can hire anyone in a new country in minutes and automate onboarding, payroll, and compliance. Deel is a world-class experience for your business and entire international team.
- NomadX is a European accommodation marketplace for remote work travelers and digital nomads with over 11k listings across 18 countries with stays for 2 weeks to 12 months and average stays of 3 months.
♦️Mercer Smith (LinkedIn)
- Also the author of Remote Company Culture
- Zapier is an API integration and automation platform.
- Hopin is an all-in-one event management platform that makes planning, producing, and reliving event experiences easier than ever.
- Buffer is the most intuitive, affordable, and authentic way to reach more people on social media.
- Making Work Work is a podcast by two friends from across the Atlantic who immediately bonded over the work around the work and kept the conversation going around growing their careers, doing creative work, and striving to be better.
- work from anywhere helps solve tax complexity in a "work from anywhere" world by providing you with the right tools and experts to help make your remote work dream a reality.
- The Work From Anywhere Compliance Framework
- Also: Co-Founder and COO at CultureMee. CultureMee opens your eyes to cultural and emotional intelligence.
Hybrid Remote-First Company Leaders
- PERKS is a plug-n-play culture & support platform for the future of work.
🏢Dave Cairns (LinkedIn)
- CBRE is the global leader in commercial real estate services and investments.
🦆Darcy Boles (LinkedIn)
- Personal site to be added
- Remote Work Prep offers fractional Head of Remote services for companies who want to set up their remote team members for success. They train businesses in remote best practices including communication, hiring, onboarding, tools and processes, and management.
- Marisa also writes the “Remotely Interesting” newsletter
- TechCrunch: Our startup’s first hire was a fractional Head of Remote
- McKinsey is a global management consulting firm committed to helping organizations accelerate sustainable and inclusive growth. We work with clients across the private, public, and social sectors to solve complex problems and create positive change for all their stakeholders. We combine bold strategies and transformative technologies to help organizations innovate more sustainably, achieve lasting gains in performance, and build workforces that will thrive for this generation and the next.
🌐Laurel Farrer (LinkedIn)
- Virtual Not Distant works with leaders, managers and HR professionals in organisations to develop a more adaptable, future-focused and connected workforce.
- Happy Healthy Homeworking is making working from home better
- Virtual Distance International (VDI), is a New York-based software company specializing in providing solutions to the most vexing challenges around Workplace Transformation.
- Remote How helps you find the greatest virtual training for your company. Remote How is a virtual training and micro-consulting enterprise marketplace, focused on supporting the remote-first employee lifecycle.
🚣Rowena Hennigan (LinkedIn)
Rowena works as an Educator, Speaker and Consultant based in Zaragoza, Spain.
- HEX Organization exists to help you build the knowledge, skills, and advanced capabilities that are urgently required for the modern human-centred professional & brand leader.
- remote fabric is a knowledge and product studio for remote teams
- PeopleG2 has been a nationwide leader in background checks and drug testing since 2001
🏡Ali Greene (LinkedIn)
🐻Tamara Sanderson (LinkedIn)
Other Remote Leaders
🪑Ryan Anderson (LinkedIn)
Herman Miller leverages the power of design to improve people's lives (especially furniture)
Resources for Heads of Remote
🦊All-remote (GitLab Guide, the new GitLab branded version of the old Remote-Only dot org)
🗺️The Work From Anywhere Compliance Framework (Tax and employment compliance considerations for companies considering international mobility policies for their workforce)
- 🤗Remi helps remote and distributed teams stay close and connected, through powerful rituals.